A mobility aid is a device designed to assist walking or otherwise improve the mobility of people with a mobility impairment.
There are various walking aids which can help people with impaired ability to walk and Underarm Crutches or Arm Crutches for more severe disability or longer journeys which would otherwise be undertaken on foot. For people who are blind or visually impaired the white cane and guide dog have a long history of use. Other aids can help with mobility or transfer within a building or where there are changes of level.
Underarm crutches are hand crafted from high-tensile aluminum or titanium tubing and are innovative in many ways :
|Our Price : Rs 90|
- First of all, our custom underarm crutches have much larger and safer foot print (dual tipped, patent pending) stated by “Cripple Children’s Canada” to be the newest innovation in crutches in 20 years. The two foot design also eliminates the weak point where the side tubes and the bottom tube comes together.
- Secondly, the handholds and underarm supports are shaped from solid, marine grade, high density plastic and are virtually indestructible. The underarm supports have been carefully shaped to securely hold the crutch in place when walking while significantly reducing underarm chafe. Underarm and handheld padding can be easily added.
- And thirdly, they are available in both titanium and high tensile aluminum tubing. The aluminum tubing, though almost as strong as titanium, allows us to make these crutches for less than half the price of an equivalent titanium crutch. And as a bonus, they are unbelievably light.
Benefits of underarm crutches:
- Improved comfort
- Ease of use
- Prevention of axillary nerve damage or axillary nerve palsy
- Provide a more neutral/natural (ergonomic) position of the hand and wrist
- Improved agility and walking speed
- Easier and safer to ascend and descend stairs
- Improved posture
- Allows for a variety of walking styles (gaits)
- Improved stability over rough or uneven surfaces
- Smaller and more compact for travel
- Typically lighter in weight
- Modern and aesthetically pleasing designs
- Does not cause binding or wrinkling of clothing in the armpit
Wheelchair India C/O Manish Steel Works is an India based online handicapped product shopping website offers a large variety of handicap products and at amazingly low prices. Avail benefit of latest promotions on Karma Crutch CH20, Tricycle, handicap walker, handicap crutches, handicap sticks, folding commode, cycle rickshaw, handicap moped and other items.