|Our Price : Rs 8299|
Wheelchairs are unarguably one of the most used mobility aids, serving millions of people, worldwide, with India being no exception. When it comes to buying a manual wheelchair, buyers can choose from an array of options, including self-propelled, attendant propelled, and wheelbase.
Designed to meet distinct needs, these Visco mobility aids are available in a number of weight options, ranging from heavy to ultra-lightweight. To ensure proper support and easy movement, users need to choose the correct option according to their needs. To help, the blog enumerates the key factors to consider when buying a manual wheelchair.
1. Rear Tyres
Wheelchairs come with different types of rear tyres for users with diverse needs. For example, those who plan to use the wheelchair on smooth surfaces may opt for air-filled pneumatic tyres. On the other hand, people who wish to use the wheelchair outdoors can opt for a model with puncture resistant tyres. Similarly, patients who want an easy-to-maintain mobility aid can opt for a model with solid tyres.
Users need to ensure that their wheelchair is equipped with a braking system that is easy to engage and disengage. This is particularly important as different types of mobility aids come with different types of braking systems. Users who’re able to extend their arms may go for the classic pull-on/push-off mechanism; however, those who suffer from upper body weakness and have a limited reach may need a braking system with extension levers.
3. Backrest and Other Supports
People who need back or postural support can opt for wheelchairs that come with a backrest. Users who have a sprained neck or complain of any other forms of neck pains need to choose a wheelchair that has the provision to place a backrest to provide proper neck support. Most premium wheelchairs come with a basic cushion. However, patients who have a history of pressure issues, or are at a high risk of developing it, need to opt for a better quality cushion.
- Users need to pick the wheelchair with the right measurements to ensure support for all affected area. To determine the width and height of a wheelchair, here are the steps to follow:
- To calculate the ideal seat width, users can ask someone to take their measurements (in a seated position). The proper seat width would be the person’s measurements plus 1 to 2 inches for movement.
- To calculate the ideal seat height, users need to add a couple of inches to the distance between the back of their heels and the back of the knees.
- To calculate the ideal depth, a helper can measure the distance between the back of the user’s knee and hips. The ideal depth would be the measurement plus 1 to 2 inches.
- Finally, users can ask someone to take the measurements from their hips to the back of the head, hips to shoulders, and the tip of the elbow to the top of the hips, to decide the positions of the headrest, backrest and armrest.
Wheelchair India C/O Manish Steel Works is an India based online handicapped product shopping website offers a large variety of handicap products and at amazingly low prices. Avail benefit of latest promotions on Vissco wheelchair, Tricycle, handicap walker, handicap crutches, handicap sticks, folding commode, cycle rickshaw, handicap moped and other items.