Foot Drop refers to the inability to dorsiflex (lift) the toes or foot. Foot drop, also known as drop-foot, can be a temporary or permanent condition. The condition can be dependent upon the extent of paralysis or muscle weakness that is present. Occurring in either one foot or both feet, foot drop can have many causes such as common fibular nerve damage, sciatic nerve damage, paralysis of muscles in the anterior portion of the lower legs, abnormal anatomy, muscle or spinal cord trauma, toxins or disease.
Foot Drop Splint is a medical term for difficulty lifting the foot at the ankle. This is a condition caused by weakness or paralysis of the muscles involved in flexing the ankle and toes, which causes a person to drag the toe of the shoe on the ground or slap the foot on the floor while walking. Foot Drop is a neuromuscular disorder and can be a symptom of nerve compression or a low back injury such as disc herniation or as a result of Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinson’s Disease.
Physiotherapists can help both temporary and permanent foot drop. The treatment used will depend on the underlying cause. If the cause can be diagnosed and is successfully treated, Foot Drop may improve or even disappear.
Tynor Foot Drop Splint Right/Left
- Prevention and correction of foot drop.
- Peripheral nerve paralysis.
- Nerve/Muscle damage.
- Ankle or Plantar flexion contracture.
- Functional Alignment of the foot.
- Post operative care.
- Burn patients.
Tynor Foot Drop Splint Right/Left Features
- Effective foot lift.
- Strong leaf spring action.
- Thin walled, worn in a shoe.
Tynor Leg Immobilizer is a superb brace to support, immobilize and protect the operated or injured knee while it recovers. It is made according to the anatomically designed aluminum back splints that offers perfect immobilization. It provides perfect grip to the leg and enhanced the comfort. It is light in weight and ensures complete cushioning. It is made up from thecomfortable and soft body that is highly durable. This knee wrap properly fits around the knee and has non-slip properties. It offers great protection to the knee and it can easily remove it, when not required.
Tynor Knee Immobilizer 19 Features Use & Benefit:
- Has extremely light weight construction
- Designed with anatomically shaped back splints
- Made up from soft and comfortable body
- Provides perfect immobilization
- Infused with additional patellar strapping
- Provides perfect grip to the leg
- Ensures no hot spots on knee protrusions
- Has body of PUF fused fabric
- Offers proper cushioning
- Has anti slip properties
- Easy to remove when not required