One of the leading brands of ankle braces today is Aircast. Their famous Ankle Stirrup Brace is prescribed by most doctors to help heal ankle injuries. Aside from ankle braces for treatments of some common foot. It provides comfortable, rigid support and protection in case of a moderate to severe injury, for weak ankles and/or for post-cast treatment. For optimal support and comfort, wearing a sock and using the brace in conjunction with a closed, low-heel shoe.
Aircast Air-Stirrup such a great instrument in healing ankle sprains is that it allows patients to walk around and use their ankles while they recover from their injury. This type of active healing is called functional management, which is known for helping ankle injuries heal faster than resting or staying off the ankle. That’s why having an ankle brace such as the Aircast Air-Stirrup is so important. It’s become the standard of care for severe ankle sprains and other ankle injuries.
How to fit the Ankle Stirrup Brace:
- Position heel on sole section with circular portion facing forward.
- Next, tighten the bottom strap.
- Then, tighten the top strap.
- Brace should fit snug, but should not cut off circulation.
Ankle Stirrup Brace supports medial and lateral ankle joints. It improves ankle stability during sports activities and helps to provide an extra level of support to help prevent ankle sprains.
Ankle Stirrup Brace is used to treat or prevent the following injuries:
- Management of ankle injuries.
- Chronic ankle instabilities as well as prophylactic use.
- Post injury recovery.
- Post cast removal.
- Grade I or II Ankle Sprains.
Ankle Stirrup Brace to prevent and heal ankle sprains:
- Designed for the chronic sufferer of ankle sprains, the Airsport ankle brace incorporates features of the clinically-proven Air-Stirrup ankle brace like the semi-rigid shells and aircells to provide comfort and support. Additional compression and stabilization is provided by an ATF (anterior talofibular) cross strap and integral forefoot and shin wraps.
- This is one of the easiest ankle braces to apply. The unique “step-in” design makes the Airsport extremely fast and easy to put on.
- This combination of compression and stabilization, coupled with the easy application makes the Airsport ankle brace ideal for active individuals or athletes recovering from Grade I or II ankle sprains or those who are looking to prevent ankle sprains.
Sometimes, injury or degeneration does so too. If the latter is your problem, then you might want to pick up one of our Knee Braces. They help immobilization and stabilization of the knee thus relieving pain due to ligament or muscular injuries. This Knee Brace Short Type in particular is ideal for if you have just had a cast removed. It has specially moulded straps provided on the dorsal and lateral sides, adjustable ones above the knee and two straps below the knee. Let’s just say it makes sure you get a snuggled fit. It has high-density foam sandwiched between the external and internal fabric, providing optimal comfort.
WHEN TO USE
- Post surgical knee immobilization.
- Post patella dislocations ligament injuries.
- Protection of knee joint in emergency.
- Post knee surgeries(meniscus/ligament repair).
Knee Brace Short Type Features
- Skin Friendly
- Easy Breathe
- Rigid Support
- Ergonomic Fit
- Double locking